100g cooked chickpeas (see tips) 100g butter beans (see tips) 1 butternut squash
500 ml vegetable stock (see tips) 1 dss seaweed infused oil (see tips) 5 pieces frozen spinach
2 red peppers chopped into bite sized chunks 1 can Thai Gold organic coconut milk 1 clove garlic chopped
2 shallots chopped into bite sized chunks 1 parsnip chopped into bite sized chunks
1 tsp curry powder 1 tsp ground turmeric 1 tsp cumin
1 tsp seaweed seasoning 1 tbsp walnuts 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place butternut squash on baking tray for 25 minutes. Leave to cool. Cut in half and remove seeds and skin and chop the flesh into bite sized chunks.
- Heat oil in saucepan over a medium heat. Saute peppers, shallots, parsnips, garlic and spices for 5 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Add chickpeas, butter beans, squash, seaweed seasoning and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer, partially covering with lid.
- Add the cream from the can of coconut milk leaving the water behind and stir. Add frozen spinach.
- Let stew simmer for 15 – 20 minutes until a thick stew has formed and stock has evaporated. Add toasted sweet kelp.
- Garnish with walnuts and pumpkin seeds.