1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves chopped
thumb of ginger sliced
1 can tomatoes
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp cumin, turmeric and curry powder
pinch chilli flakes
1 tbsp sweet kelp
1 tsp seaweed seasoning
1 tsp marmite
4 tbsp lentils
1 can coconut milk
1 can chickpeas or butter beans drained, (you can use mixed beans)
5 broccoli florets sliced
100g spinach leaves
Juice of one lemon
- Puree onion, garlic, ginger and tomatoes in food processor or nutribullet.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok. Add spices and fry for around 15 seconds. Add puree and marmite.
- Boil for 2 mins then add lentils, seaweed and coconut milk.
- Cook for 20 mins or until lentils are cooked, then add broccoli and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and spinach, let spinach wilt then add lemon juice and stir through.
- Serve on it’s own or with brown rice or noodles.
- You may have to add some water.
- If you wish you can use chicken or prawns.