A hearty stew with nutritious and delicious ingredients. You can add cooked meat at the end should you wish, for example cooked chicken or cooked beef.
1 cup green lentils (rinsed)
1 cup beans
1 inch ginger grated
2 cups frozen butter nut squash
1/2 bag frozen mixed peppers
1 dessertspoon swiss vegetable vegan bouillon
Cumin, coriander, turmeric (tiny bit), chilli flakes
Tablespoon Coconut oil
2 tins whole tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
1 level dessertspoon seaweed seasoning
1 inch piece kombu kelp broken into pieces
1 teaspoon marmite (optional)
1. Melt oil into pan, add garlic and ginger cook for 1 minute.
2. Add spices and herbs cook for a further 1 minute.
3. Add the frozen vegetables and combine well with spices herbs, cooking for a further 3 minutes.
4. Add the can of whole tomatoes and 1 tin water warm in which bouillon powder has been dissolved.
5. Add lentils and beans bring to the boil, reducing a simmer until are soft. This usually takes about 30 minutes.
6. Serve with cooked brown rice or baked potato.